Posted on September 5th, 2012
If you are looking for creative breakfast ideas, you are in the right place at the right time!
Today, I will share a yummy recipe of Russian Curd Fritters or Сырники [SIR-nee-kee] (Syrniki) with you. Syrniki are very similar to pancakes (блинчики), but they are made out of cottage cheese instead of flour. Syrniki can be served for breakfast or as a desert at any time with jam, honey, sour cream or maple syrup.
And here is the recipe. Enjoy!
500 g Cottage cheese
4 tbsp sugar
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla extract for extra-delicious vanilla taste
4 tbsp flour plus some extra flour, for rolling
Vegetable or sunflower oil, for frying
Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
Sour cream, for serving
1. Beat cottage cheese with mixer until soft, then add eggs, sugar, salt and 4 tbsp of flour and mix well.
2. Dip a spoon in water and spoon batter onto the surface, dusted with flour, roll it into a ball, then press down to make a syrnik.
3. Heat some oil on a large skillet over medium heat. Cook syrniki on each side until golden.
4. Serve syrniki with a dollop of sour cream, jam, honey, or maple syrup. And if you are a sweet tooth, don’t forget to dust them with powdered sugar!
Hope you enjoy this wonderful recipe as much as I do! (More Russian recipes)
Have you ever tried Syrniki? Did you like them? Do you have your own recipe to share? Let me know what you think about this Russian desert.
Looking forward to your comments!
- Video: First Conjugation Verbs Завтракать, Обедать, Ужинать.
- Vareniki Recipe
- Russian Pelmeni Recipe
- Russian Cutlets or Kotleti Recipe
- Is Chicken Kiev Really from Kiev? – Chicken Kiev Recipe
The courses of Russian as a foreign language with Russian4real take place online via Skype. The teacher works with adults individually since he is convinced that each person must receive maximum time for practice and professional attention while learning a foreign language.